Your PDM Technology and Email accounts will be de-commissioned as part of your Senior Sign-Out and PDM-IT off-boarding procedures.
We are coordinating this account management process with the Student Affairs office. Your accounts will not be disabled if you will need these accounts beyond July 1st to complete your studies at PDM. .
Student continuing to post-doc studies at PDM will not have their account disabled. You will continue to use these same accounts while active at PDM.
Penn O365 Email account decommissioning
Your PDM email account (@upenn.edu) is scheduled to be disabled this summer as part of account off-boarding at Penn Dental Medicine.
The email account will be disabled on or about July 1st, of your graduation year.
Before the email account is disabled you may want to consider some of the following options:
- You can check with the Penn Alumni office to get an “alumni.upenn.edu” email forwarding account:
- You can add an auto-reply to your email account to notify external senders that this account is going away:
- You can back-up your email so you can access it through a personal Outlook client:
Your access to One Drive and Office365 (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) will be discontinued. These accounts are connected to the account provided by Penn which will become inactive.
- You can setup a personal account with Microsoft (or if you get these same services provided by your next school) and just add the new credentials. You will not need to uninstall your Office365 applications.
- If you do not select a new subscription option with Microsoft, your current Office 365 applications will revert to a “read-only” mode.
- Option to purchase office subscription from Microsoft:
- You can also use Office Online as a free option:
- Option to back-up One Drive data:
Your iPad will be remotely released from our management system as of graduation.
After this time, you are free to factory restore your iPad if you choose to:
We strongly recommend that if your AppleID is your Penn email (@upenn.edu), please change this before your email is deactivated.
If you have any questions, please contact the PDM-IT Service Desk via email@example.com